Thursday, September 15, 2011

Buyer Beware


Buyer Beware

I am getting ready for my next visit to Paris, HOORAY! I am also shopping here at home for an upcoming formal event…because clearly I need more clothes...

Just as you have to know where you are shopping and what you are buying when you are in Paris, I learned that the same thing applies here in the good old USA when bargain hunting.

I just recently bought a beautiful pair of designer jeans at TJ’s… the price tag said $59.98 and the retail price was over 200 bucks… SCORE. I looked even closer and saw the actual tag was still on the pants… wait for it… 375 dollars, DOUBLE SCORE! Great bargain!

I continued on and looked at some D&G items, $599... original suggested retail price over $800, at first glance it looks like this is yet, another great deal! But wait...what's this...the actual label price was 450 euro...well how many dollars is that? About $633.. that my friends is NOT such a great bargain, only 34 dollars off, no thank you! They tricked me!!

Moral of the story- when shopping, ALWAYS look, try, and ask before you buy, no matter where you are! TJ’s new runway section is great IF you know what you are doing…


www.cjshoppingtours.com

No comments:

Post a Comment