Thursday, October 27, 2011

Paris Is Always A Good Idea

Paris Is Always A Good Idea

I love Audrey Hepburn and the way she wore a little black dress and made it one of the most iconic fashion staples of the twentieth century. It is still a timeless wardrobe essential. Although you can trace the mystique of this little chameleon to the 1920’s and Coco Chanel and a more pragmatic direction through the 60’s... to Dior’s more dangerous appeal, it wasn’t until Ms. Hepburn wore it in Breakfast at Tiffany’s that the LBD came into it’s own.

Breakfast at Tiffany’s is one of my go to movies….whether I’m sad, frustrated, in a great mood, looking for inspiration, fashion or otherwise, it just works for me.

Not surprisingly, I love little black dresses too. I have my everyday little black dress, my special occasion little black dress, the get out of my way little black dress, the maybe so maybe not so innocent little one….it goes on for a while. Parisian women have learned how to take the LBD and spin it for all occasions. I’ve taken a lesson from them and from one of my favorite actresses and done the same.

So ladies, I began this little entry with one of her quotes and will end it with one as well….

“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”



www.cjshoppingtours.com

No comments:

Post a Comment