Monday, October 24, 2011

Fashion Thoughts

Fashion Thoughts

When I buy fashion magazines, I not only look at the obvious...fashion... but I love reading the articles that they choose to put in each month.

The November issue of Elle has a great article written by "Fashion know it all" Anne Slowey about her experience in fashion, relationship with her mother, obsession with her appearance, and her complete transformation once she gives birth to her first child... I'm sure many of you can relate! I was simply captivated from page to page... some things I could relate to, some I found completely ridiculous... but all in all I thought very well written.

Slowey explains "...to me, getting dressed is a creative act of imagining all of life's complex pleasures at the beginning of every day. The best of fashion- the joy of endless possibilities, choices, and attitudes of expression- is what has made me tick for more than 20 years in the business..."

Such a great quote!

What does fashion mean to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment